Blogger Templates

The Lion's Den

Finally, I sleep and roar( read as snore ) all alone on my bed, after ages!

Thanks to my younger cousin, Binu, who landed up in my room, one evening few days ago and offered to clean up the place. It's usually been this way, my good friends offer to provide this service, voluntarily and out of disgust :)!

I generally have books and cds and clothes strewn all around my room. They find place on my table, on the keyboard, the bed, the floor ofcourse, everywhere!

There's a set of things that would be moved onto and off the bed regularly, as I went to sleep and got up. Some things, however remained on the bed, if I could manage to sleep with them :). Books by Oscar Wilde, Osho, Paulo Coelho, Tagore( of late ), and the like, music notes, and few belongings that are close to my heart, also found a place on my bed :).

The abode, has remained the same for years, so messed up! Papers, magazines, empty bottles( water & cold drinks only ), extremely useful & useless things sharing the same space, piled up garbages! ...could not get worse...though I keep beating myself with the years.

The less frequent visitors comment :

"Where the hell do you sleep man?"
"Koshy, your room remains just the same from college days!"
"There's hardly any place to even stand in here!"

But inspite of all this, my room continues to be a top hangout spot, probably the reason simply being because its the lion's den, and all the party animals who love the good things in life end up here. And no one ever leaves disappointed ;-)!

I'm proud to say that some of my favourite music works & concepts have also been created in my room.

I actually kept shifting in and out of so many houses. The beautiful Malleswaram has seen me moving in and out of quite a few houses. From an old shattered home on the 7th cross to a kinda posh 2 bedroom house behind Rajesh Hotel to a single bedroom house the road behind. Then into a single bedroom house in swimming pool extension. As I moved to the other side of Margosa road, I shifted into a 2 bedroom flat on the posh 17th cross and then, finally into another single room facing the MES college...it's been a colourful journey. I now stay in a pent-room in Madiwala, ever since I moved out of Malleswaram.
The state of all the houses has, though, remained the same - a total disaster!

Now, after Binu sweating it out, my room looks much bigger and spic and span, that it leaves me a little dazed when I look around. My newly working fan hums in the serene background, as it whirls vigorously desperately trying to make up for the lost years...

The few friends, who have visited since then, have been shocked & take a few seconds before they enter, they probably feel so lost :)

And, for those who have not had a chance to visit the Den, you are whole heartedly welcome... the Lion promises you an experience of a lifetime! :)

love...
The Lion.

8 comments:

ABH said...

Hi Sunil, as I read through your post, the poster of Dennis in a messy room with the message "My Room! Like It Or Leave It" is what occured to my mind:) Than the visitors, hope you yourself won't be lost in your now clean room! :)
Next time, post pics as well, with the lablels-Before and After Binu's visit:)

Ravi Chandran said...

Yes i too have wondered lot of times, how the hell do you sleep with so many things spread across in your bed :). Thanks for Binu.

But it is one of those places where in our first Ganesha sloka was composed and i have lot of memories attached with it.

In a way i am used to things spread every where in your room and now its all so neat and boring and now the "return to home" feeling is lost:)

Cheers

Unknown said...

Nice write up!!! you have chosen a very simple topic.....happening in anyone else's life as well, but the way you have penned it makes it a story to read. You should try your hand in writing.....again...u have a good comman over the language....pls try it....

VIJDREAMZ said...

Damn...Good..! :) a simple topic you narrated with twists like varma..! I am your "EKALAVYA" sishya..! :)

VinnieG said...

Machee,
I'm wordless, when you made a thing of 'less of words' as full of words..
I know your small single & sexy room a den of LONELY LION, lives with all the possible musical instruments, and lovely books (mostly UNREAD)

i'll soon add beauty to your DEN by adding my Old guitar...so, instead of weeping at my place, it can sleep peacefully .. :)

Vin

Binu said...

You r Really AweSome!!!!
You Can make anything in This World Beautiful :)

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot :) for the wonderful comments!

love...

Shijo said...

wOW...APPAM CHAPPUKOONA POYALLE.....INI MUNSIPALITIKARU GARBAGE MUZUVAN IDAN VERE STRALAM TAPPANAMALLO.. :p...HEHEH....

Post a Comment