Blogger Templates

Happy Sankranti & Happy Pongal!?! - II

Extend this thought across religions - Muslims, Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, ... Osho hits the nail right on its head when he says that religions actually promote hatred. They teach you to love within the religious circles, knowingly or unknowingly promoting contempt for people outside that religion. This is what led me to hate religious ways.
I hate this classification.

Show me a man or woman of virtue, I will respect him or her all my life. Why do you wanna draw circles and put people in groups?
I love and respect a good virtue that I see in an elder, a younger friend, a baby....

We are tempted to draw conclusions and judge people...based on state, religion, caste....I am not surpised by the discrimination based on caste, colour or whatever that happen in UK and around the world, or the untouchable practices that were and are still followed religiously in some places in India.

We have been quoting great people's words, right from our school days, whether in an elocution competition or in our daily conversations to justify our actions.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa
Every man I meet is in some way my superior. Ralph Waldo Emerson

We are all damn selfish, and everything looks like a business... Ravi and me were discussing yesterday...over a post lunch philosophical session ;).

Sigh! Even love seems like a mutually profitable business, where both partners ensure their profits and security before signing the agreement! :)
I, being poor in Maths, do not understand these profits and what defines security...probably that's the reason why girls find it foolish to sign the agreement with me...Kidding! :-), or coming to think of it...seriously, could be the reason.

Happy Pongal & Happy Sankranti to all my friends! :) Whether you cook delicious sweet and spicy pongal or eat Ellu Bella, make sure your hearts are filled only with love for all!

PS: All credits for this post title go to Raghu :)

4 comments:

Raghu said...

wow !!! nice stuff, Osho is serious stuff. people don't even need religion to hate another person. they get into a religion once they start hating :)

Watched Avatar, man finds religion, cult, caste in another planet, Pandora... just like the movie planet of the apes.

I'm now sure we are all born to live on our own... i mean diversity in unity... very well portrayed...

Raghu said...

thanks for the credit on the title of the post. its suits well :) i guess...

Ravi Chandran said...

Great post dude ... I guess you did lot of thinking recently :)

Actions from any individual is a by product of so many factors and its quite difficult to blame them.

Interesting to listen these below words from you "Even love seems like a mutually profitable business".

Business as such is not a bad word and in fact its very healthy. We are been cultured to treat them as bad but when you deeply analyse everything we do is business. Because without that none of the relationship would exist, even relationship between mother & son.

Unknown said...

Raghu & Ravi...
thanks for the comments :)


cheers...
koshy.

Post a Comment