Blogger Templates

A bald trip home...


My parents were really upset when I went home last year, with my head cleanly shaven. How I wished they could see the Ghajini hairdo that I sported :), just sometime before that. They thought something was seriously wrong with me. My Dad got me a cap as soon as I got down from the bus, that I could wear when I went to see a 'prospective' bride.

The trip to the girl's home was very amusing to me, and I was dying to see her expressions ;-). I actually planned to doff my cap, when I saw her, to impress her with my etiquettes. Reminds me of Kishore Kumar who came on the sets of a movie with half his head and half his moustache shaved off because the producer had not paid him more than half his money. :D

Well, I have been intelligent as a kid, believe me! I agree, there are no traces left now :(, so I can try convincing you, only in vain. I even had properly oiled hair (take another look at my pic up there, what a smile...ahaa..more on the smile soon), and was the smart alec of the class, and topped my class always till my 12th grade. I recently learnt from an old friend that I was even the terror for some kids, cos I scored more marks and was not a very warm or accomodating classmate.

I am born a Christian and have been brought up an orthodox way. Which means I went to the church every week regularly, sang in the choir, and did all the 'normal' things. I even did my Bible studies and scored among the highest every year. I won prizes for most of the contests they had in churches. I was an ideal kid to most parents. And I was so proud of myself! & ... My parents were so proud of me :).

Somewhere down the lane, my brain started gradually degenerating, this continues to remain a mystery to me...and then things changed disastrously :)... for better or for worse?

6 comments:

Raghu said...

Very nice and genuine write-up. The trip to see the prospective bride is amazingly potrayed, I wish I could write my experiences as well, but will have to start a new blog for that to have comprehensive coverage.
Being the ideal kid till 12th grade is good for parents, Its been a decade now since we met and you still seem to be mystery to me and many.

Well as I say change is always there... may be only the people who see the change can know whether its for... better or for worse

Ravi Chandran said...

First nice pic of u, with one teeth in front missing :)

Its really interesting to know about your adventures with your Gajani look :) and obviously no parent will be happy by these actions.

Its human nature that we have to be in good books always bcos that's how we have been conditioned, any deviation from it is difficult to be digested.

Unknown said...

Raghu...
I am so bewildered the way these arranged marriage proposals work, someone is yet to convince me about this whole concept :)

Me a mystery? :D well...that's such an interesting statement!

Ravi...
Yup, I love this pic of mine, a tooth missing & the smile :)
Yup, we are supposed to be in good books and behave the way our elders expect us to... but then aren't our creative selves lost here :D?

love...
koshy.

ABH said...

This time, why don't you go with your new makeover look?You only have to doff the wig instead of the cap to see her expressions :)

You say your brain gradually started degenerating??...are you fishing for compliments??

Unknown said...

Thanks Archana :) Is definitely an interesting idea, will take my wig home for sure!

& I am happy that you understood I am fishing for compliments, but where r the compliments? :(

Arun G S said...

haha super Mashe!!! :)
"Well, I have been intelligent as a kid, believe me! I agree, there are no traces left now :(, so I can try convincing you," - It is verrryyy TOUGH!!! :D

Post a Comment