Blogger Templates

Food for thought

Good food is an eternal feast for the eyes, nose and tummy ofcourse!
Here's some food for thought, specially for you... Happy weekend! :)

Breakfast:
Koshy's is the first place that comes to my mind for an extravagant breakfast. God! I never knew there's so much in the name! :)
Scrambled eggs and bread toast is not a bad idea, eh? I like the sweet French toast( is it also called the Bombay toast ?) and cutlets, followed by coffee or tea served in silver pots.
There's more choice for the serious non-vegetarians including bacon, sausages, and more...



My other favourite breakfast dishes are puris & masala dosas. Janatha and Sagar in Malleswaram are nice traditional places known especially for their dosas.

My recent favourite is appam and egg roast, in a hotel close to where I stay.
Confident Group near the Eva Mall has a superb breakfast buffet, if you plan to really stuff yourself with Continental, North & South Indian, fruits, milk and more.

Lunch:
I love chicken biryanis, at Hyderabad Biryani, Nandini's or some of the smaller outlets near Johnson Market, and other places.

How about a full fledged buffet?...I love the ambience and food at Sikander.

And cos its a weekend, you can afford to return home for a wonderful siesta, only to wake up for some strong coffee...Hmmm....Never smelt so good!

Coffee.....
Hmm....indulge into a cold black forest or a rich chocolate pastry or a chocolate fantasy, sipping cappuchino at a Sweet Chariot or a Cafe Coffee Day. Or an open dosa with hot coffee, that I love at Konark's. The candle-light on Thursday evenings is definitely an attraction :) at Konark.
Vada pavs have always had a special place in my heart ( & tummy ofcourse ).

IceCreams :)
Corner House DBC( Death By Chocolate ) remains my favourite till now, though less enthusiasts claim Hot Chocolate Fudge is the best!

Dinner:
Hmm.. where do we start here? Soups? Not really...
Some really spicy chilly chicken? or a garlic chicken or my fav chicken 65? Aha... Sounds much better. For those who are feeling a little low, get high with rum, whisky or beer or even wine :), whatever suits the mood ;)


Ebony is an all time favourite of mine, especially if you can get a table on the terrace...the view from the 13th floor is breathtaking. While the cool breeze blows on your face, you can simply stare at the starlit sky or look down at the lights from the city, as you wine and dine.

I am a big fan of North Indian curries & nans. I love kerala porotas too, with chicken curries.

Me signing off! Post me your favourite desserts...I'm waiting........!

And if at all you're feeling guilty after reading this....call me! :)
All is fair in love & war and food & drink :)

Cheers...

6 comments:

Ravi Chandran said...

Tasty one dude :)

I personally feel one of the ways any two persons can connect better is by good food :)

Unknown said...

:) Thanks Ravi! Food is a wonderful way to connect, especially when both love eating :D like all of us!
What's ur fav food? Please post!

ABH said...

Happy Weekend to you as well! Very well articulated.And, after reading all this I hope I like what mom gives me for dinnner :) And I vote for HCF being the best :)

Unknown said...

Archana,
Nothing to beat Mom's food :)

Hmm...I think we shud have a separate post on DBC vs HCF! All the best! :)

Raghu said...

Nice one Sunil.
I'm hungry after reading this one. very well written.

Well, I too often end up with for dinner atleast. really chicken 65 is now most had dish for me :)

keep the salivation on ... let it flow.

Unknown said...

Raghu...
Long time we have not had Chicken 65 now ;-)

love...

Post a Comment