Blogger Templates

Yawn! Cough! Yuck!

On different days I wake up with different thoughts...Motivational books tell me to wake up in the morning on a positive note, look into the mirror & tell myself
'I am the best. No one can stop me. Just do it! ...'.

But on some days, I just don't want to listen to them. I like to carry the 'low' feeling along with me as I get out of bed.

And, an irritant throat can put me down easily!

I was coughing and lazing around when Ashish called me for a quick tea at our favourite Mallu bakery, and I felt a little better as we finished our tea over jokes and making plans for the day. Ashish Tom, who is also Anish's cousin is an amazingly energetic guy who is total fun to be with, absolutely guaranteed!
He soon left, promising to return in a few hours.

Now i was left all alone to have my breakfast ... Guesses...?
Koshy's? Buffet at Confident Iris? Appam & egg roast? Nope...

... cold idiappam & tasteless potato curry at a Mallu Hotel lay in store for me. Now, this is one of the lousiest hotels I have been to in recent times...they had put up a new hoarding...displaying a nice menu, which tempted me walk in, thinking the management has now changed.

As I walked in, I was startled to see the same old owner inside...Well, when one takes risks, one should be prepared to take anything! I did not want to walk out, cos I wanted to hurry over my breakfast and get back to my den. My heart sank as I sat and placed the order, my only hope was that the cook has changed, or has learnt some new cooking skills.

The guy served the potato curry some of which spilled on the floor near my leg and some on the table, and only I seemed to notice this too!

I started thinking of the real good service they provide in some of the hotels. Many small hotel owners and waiters are so kind and talk so well to the customers and build a rapport so well.

As I walked out, I realized the breakfast costed me as much as my favourite podi masala dosa(PMD) dosa at the tamil restaurant across the road ...

If you are wondering what a PMD is, well it's a kind of masala dosa, with podi(chutney powder) sprinkled on the inside, prepared in traditional Tamil style, a nice way to spice up your day.

PMD, I really missed you this morning...!

Well, time to get back to my motivated self, I have just pulled out my favourite pep-up book "Awaken the Giant Within" by Anthony Robbins.

I need to make a 'todo list' to clear up my long pending tasks! I sign off, wishing you a great Sunday & a wonderful week ahead!

7 comments:

VIJDREAMZ said...

Haaaa....Lovely..

I like in Ur stories, Ur Natural.. Live..Narration.

Premus said...

going good. i like to see your writing skills printed. didnt get me? this we discussed some time ago. i have thoughts....hmmmmm why dont we work on something together......your language and our plot.....a work.....

Ravi Chandran said...

Nice one dude ....

Good that you realized changing the book cover does not change the content in it :) Some times we get deceived.

Anyways you missed a great Mangalore fish meals yesterday :)

lostbubble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lostbubble said...

nice 1 ... which makes us eagerly await the next !!

James said...

Had me drooling Koshee,
Incisive humour served koshy style! makes the air around you that wee bit sharper as you handle your day...
-jissmon

ABH said...

Hi Sunil, I liked the way you have started the write-up :) Only the "Leo-Guts and Pride" could have done this. Nice one :)

Post a Comment